Tor Gudmundsen, PEPresident/Principal Engineer
Mr. Gudmundsen has over 30 years of experience in the Planning, Design, Project Management, and Construction Management of Civil Engineering and Land Development Projects on Guam and throughout Micronesia. As TGE’s Principal Engineer, He has been responsible for Planning, Design, and Construction Phase Services for a wide range of projects involving roads, site development, airports, water, sewer and storm drain utility infrastructure, major earthwork, treatment plant facilities, residential subdivisions, high voltage transmission lines, underground power conversion projects, wharf facilities, solid waste facilities, bridges, POL facilities, dredging, diving inspections, utility and resources studies and runways.
As the firm’s former Construction Manager, he has also been responsible for Construction Management and Site Inspection of power, sewer, and marine port projects with construction costs up to $15 million.
Mr. Gundmundsen’s satisfied clients include Government of Guam agencies, the Department of the Navy, the Department of the Air Force, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and Private Clients on Guam and throughout Micronesia.
Jeff Miller, MS, PEConstruction Manager
A professional engineer registered in both Guam and Colorado, Mr. Miller brings 31 years of local experience and 9 years of stateside experience to the Planning, Design, Construction, and Maintenance of numerous projects and facilities on Guam, throughout Micronesia and in the U.S. Based on Mr. Miller’s extensive construction project and engineering experience, all TGE office design projects are also reviewed for constructability as an added value.
As Chief Engineer, Construction Management, at TGE, Mr. Miller is currently working as:
- Chief Resident Project Representative for the DPW Bile / Pigua Bridge Replacement
- Construction Manager for the Route 2 War in the Pacific National Park Sewerline Rehabilitation & replacement
Mr. Miller has completed the following projects:
- DPW Tiyan Parkway, Phase I
- DPW Route 17 Rehabilitation and Widening Phase I
- DPW Jinapsan Beach Road
- Utility and drainage upgrades at the Guam International Airport, Tiyan Site Development
- GWA Southern SSES Rehabilitation, Phase I
- Construction of a shipping container yard for Matson Navigation
- Mass grading earthwork and landfill roads project for the new sanitary landfill at Dandan, Layon Landfill
- Two rehabilitation projects for the Hagatna Sewage Treatment Plant and the Hagatna Main Sewage Pump Station
- The new outfall extensions for the Hagatna and Northern District Sewage Treatment Plants
- Two waterline projects in Santa Rita
- Rehabilitation of the sewer system in Agat, Guam
- PM during the construction phase of the Dandan Landfill access road, sewer system, and landfill entrance area facilities for the TG Engineers design team
To elevate the professionalism of the Construction Management Services provided by TGE, Mr. Miller has also been certified as a Certified Construction Contract Administrator.
Jack EdwardProject Director/Lead Civil Designer
In his 16 years of engineering experience, Mr. Edward has been involved in the Design, Planning, Management, and Coordination of numerous Civil and Multi-Disciplined Engineering projects on Guam and in the U.S.
Currently, as Project Director and Lead Civil Engineer of TG Engineers, he provides direction and management for numerous multi-discipline projects and oversees the Engineering Design group for projects involving airport, road and bridge design and rehabilitation, commercial port expansion, water, sewer, drainage and storm-water management, major grading for photo-voltaic power generating plant, underground transmission line, power substation, perimeter and ungulate fence, and site development.
Mr. Edward has overall responsibility for all engineering design projects from their inception to completion of construction plans, estimates, and specifications. His direction also includes partial direction of the TG Engineers survey crews in providing boundary and topographic surveys.
Andrew J. Layson, PEProject Manager/Civil Engineer
Layson is in his seventh year of engineering practice at TG Engineers, PC. In his current position with TGE, Mr. Layson’s primary performance focus has been in civil engineering design, project management, and CAD drafting services for office projects.
He is intimately familiar with civil engineering design, public works plans, military standards, and basic surveying principles, and has experience using Microstation, AutoCAD and ArcGIS software. He also leads his department in the fields of hydrology and hydraulic analysis, utility design, site grading and geometry layouts, and is responsible for project coordination with government agencies and other interested parties.
With a strong practical background in project management and utility system evaluation experience, Mr. Layson is one of TGE’s most capable personnel, and is more than equipped to take the lead on civic utility projects. As the lead engineer responsible for the successful design and construction management of numerous recent government and military projects, he has been involved in every aspect of the project management process from conception to execution. In addition to his management roles, he is well-versed in preparing feasibility studies and inspection reports for each of his projects, and has facilitated the implementation of change orders and coordination across various disciplines, as well as conducting field operations requiring site observation and analysis.
He also has experience with project site inspections and evaluations, and has been responsible for resolving drainage and erosion issues on-site during the construction phase, as well as performing site visits to ensure that construction is consistent with the plans and/or design intent.
Joaquin “Kin” Flores, MS, PEDirector of Energy Projects
Flores has over 35 years in the power utility industry on Guam and throughout Micronesia. In his current position as Director of Energy Projects with TGE, Mr. Flores leads the Mangilao Solar Plant Project, and provides Project Management and oversees the Engineering Design group on all energy projects.
As former General Manager for the Guam Power Authority, Mr. Flores has also overseen the Executive Management of Guam’s island-wide power system serving 50,000 residential, commercial, military and local government customers, with $450M average annual revenues, $1.3B in insurable assets, 540 employees, 550 MW of installed generation, over 800 miles of T&D, 29 power stations and a central dispatch control center.
Some of his Power Plant Projects include:
- Cabras 115 KV Switchyard
- GPA Islandwide SCADA/EMS Replacement and Control Center Building Expansion
- Anigua 30 MVA, 34.5/13.KV New Power Substation
- Macheche 30 MVA, 34.5/13.KV New Power Substation
- Pagat 30 MVA, 34.5/13.KV New Power Substation
- Umatac 30 MVA, 34.5/13.KV New Power Substation
- San Vitores 30 MVA, 34.5/13.KV New Power Substation
- Cabras 80 MW Design-Build Slow Speed Base Load Power Plant
- Piti-Harmon 115 KV Transmission Line
- Harmon 34.5 KV Switchyard Expansion and Upgrade
Andersen to Marbo 34.5 KV New Underground Transmission Line
Gavino “Gavy” Estur, PLSProfessional Land Surveyor
Estur has over 25 years of Survey and Civil Engineering experience as a Professional Land Surveyor, and has provided Survey services in locations all over Guam, as well as extensive experience throughout the FSM. His past and current office experience includes Cadastral Survey, Boundary Survey, Topographic Survey, Construction Survey, Road Survey, Airport Obstruction Survey, GPS Survey, and Design Engineering, and Mr. Estur is knowledgeable in the use of CAD, GIS, GPS, Data Collection, Land Development Desktop software, Micro Survey, and Starnet software.
In his current position with TG Engineers, PC, Mr. Estur leads our Survey department, managing field survey crews and office personnel responsible for conducting research, AutoCAD mapping, computation, and analysis of GIS data.
Clients utilizing the TGE Survey Division include the Guam International Airport Authority, Guam Waterworks Authority, Guam Power Authority, Port Authority of Guam, Department of Public Works, other GovGuam Agencies, Department of the Navy, Department of the Air Force, Construction Contractors, Architects and private companies.
Some of Mr. Estur’s relevant projects include:
- Mangilao Solar Plant, Mangilao, Guam
- Yap Northern Road Improvement Project
- Kosrae International Airport – Resurfacing Project
- Pohnpei International Airport – Runway Settlement
- Palau International Airport – Rehabilitation Project
- Marshall International Airport – FAA-GIS Program
- CM – Two 5-story School Buildings and 8 Project Sites
- in Pohnpei State
- NAVFAC Marianas – Chuuk State Hospital and Pohnpei State Jail